Cultural heritage - Saint-Tropez

Lavoir Vasserot

This covered wash house was built in 1862 by architect, Charles Albert Vasserot.

It features three basins, one for coloured clothes, one for whites and one for rinsing. It was a meeting place for the female residents of Saint Tropez who would gather here to do their weekly washing.

On the 2nd August 1991, the building which by then had been refurbished, was renamed the "Lavoir Vasserot" after its creator, a patron and honorary citizen of Saint-Tropez.

The wash house is currently used as a cultural space, housing art exhibitions. On the 9th July 1981 it became a listed historic monument.

Opening

Opening from 01 January 2022 to 31 December 2022
DaysHours
MondayNot disclosed
TuesdayNot disclosed
WednesdayNot disclosed
ThursdayNot disclosed
FridayNot disclosed
SaturdayNot disclosed
SundayNot disclosed