From fishing villages to mountain-top villages, from the vines of Bandol to the palm trees of the îles d’Or, Mediterranean Provence holds out one of Europe’s loveliest coastlines and natural sites of exceptionally unspoilt character.
Not to be missed:
- The islands: Bendor, Les Embiez, Porquerolles, Port-Cros, Levant.
- The exotic garden and zoo at Sanary Bandol
- Vieil Evenos and its chateau
- Character villages: La Cadière d’Azur, Le Castellet and Collobrières
- In La Seyne: Corniche de Tamaris, the museum at Fort Balaguier, Villa Tamaris Pacha, the area of Les Sablettes and Notre Dame du Mai chapel.
- Toulon bay
- Mont Faron and zoo
- In Toulon: The memorial to the Landings, Tour Royal, art museum, museum of Asian art, the photography museum, arts centre, national marine museum, opera Cours Lafayette market.
- Jean Aicard museum and museum of Provencal clothing in Solliès-Ville
- Mining museum at Cap Garonne in Le Pradet
- In Hyères: Olbia archaeological site, double tombolo and salt marshes at Les Pesquiers, Villa Noailles, Knights Templar tower, collection of commemorative plaques in the collegiate church of Saint Paul, Olbius Riquier garden and Saint-Bernard park.
- La Londe, Les Maures beaches
- Bormes les Mimosas village with its old alleys
- Les Maures Massif
- La Verne Charterhouse and menhirs at Ferme Lambert in Collobrières
- Coastal path