What and Where is the Var?
The Var is France's leading area for tourism. Forming part of the vast Provence-Alpes-Côte-d’Azur region, its tip is at the southernmost point of France's Mediterranean coast.
The Var : a destination with many assets
The Var has uncountable touristic assets:
- Touristic Assets
- Endless sightseeing possibilities, Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur's richest cultural and natural heritage, plus emblematic towns and sites (Saint-Tropez, Hyères and the Golden Islands, Verdon Grand Canyon, Saint Maximin Basilica)
- A vast choice of excursions
- Port Assets
- Port of Toulon
- Sheltered and safe infrastructures able to accommodate the world’s largest cruise ships,
- A town-centre port – the only one of its kind in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region – immediately adjacent to the shops and restaurants.
- Many ports and anchorages throughout the Var, welcoming units of all sizes (Saint-Tropez, Saint-Raphaël, Cavalaire sur mer, Le Lavandou, Hyères Porquerolles Island, Six Fours les Embiez Island, Sanary sur mer, Bandol, Saint Cyr sur mer)
- Geographical Assets
- An exceptional geographical location at the hub of Provence and the French Riviera, and midway between Italy and Spain.
The Var is also:
- 235 ships in the Var in 2012, 345 000 pax
- A smart alternative for cruise companies seeking to offer their customers an original cruise program
- A favourite call for many and diverse cruise lines
Welcome to the Var Provence Cruise Club
Why join the Var Provence Cruise Club?
Our professional teams will help you schedule and prepare your calls in the Var and ensure your cruise ships, passengers and crew get the best quality welcome.
The Var Provence Cruise Club is an alliance of the Var's cruise industry stakeholders. Its purpose is to foster the development of the cruise industry in the Var.
The Var Provence Cruise Club was founded by the Var Chamber of Commerce & Industry and Var Regional Council in 2008.
Var Provence Cruise Club Missions
• Promote networking between public and private sector cruise industry stakeholders, in the aim of encouraging new ideas and initiatives for the continuous improvement and development of cruise infrastructures and services in the Var.
• Optimize development of the Var's cruise industry by:
- continuously developing the Var's touristic assets,
- further improving services to passengers,
- satisfying the technical and logistic requirements of ship owners.
For further details:
+33 (0)4 94 22 80 60